PreviousPauseNext

E. State Restoration

Built in 1858, Metropolitan Hall was Rockford’s first public auditorium. Located at 414 East State this historic structure was originally billed as the largest and best Hall west of Chicago. Later in 1887 the building was converted into shops. Over the years the building has under gone a variety of changes and been home to numerous local businesses. In 1974 the Illinois Historical Society designated the building as an historical structure. Today it is host to shops and upscale condominiums.

In 2007 the building was fully renovated and modernized by its new owners. We were contracted to remove the existing vinyl panel system and determine the extent of repairs required to fully restore the front facade to its original design. Restoration included stripping the many layers of existing paint, locating vintage brick to match the original, and tuck pointing. In addition the parapet was completely rebuilt.

>